ok im not working wednesday so here's what were gonna do...10 things i hate about you scavenger. freemont troll, gas works park, stadium high school, etc... otayyyyy :)
We went to Stadium High School in Tacoma first. This school is over 100 years old. It is beautiful. We took a picture of the "Stadium Bowl" where in the movie she was playing soccer when Heath was singing to her and running along the bleachers. Those babies are steep and large steps. Amie and I are not sure how he did that. But ironically the girls were in the midst of a soccer game while we were there. That was pretty cool. But unfortunately.....no Heath Ledger to sing to us. (RIP Heath).
We checked out the inside also. We found the stairwell where they tossed the flyers. We met the teacher "Suzie" who is the drama teacher there. She informed us that the room they used in the movie where she was in detention was her old room. She was very nice.
Next we headed off to Seattle. We were hungry and Amie wanted to eat at Dick's Drive-in. She had not been there and I had only been there once. We grabbed our burgers and headed to Gas Works Park to eat. I had seen on the news that some artist had dropped off his art but I had forgotten about it while we were there. On our way out some lady stopped us and asked if she was heading in the right direction. We were not sure what she was talking about. She said for the paper mache. I was still lost as I really had not heard where this art was or any real details about it. But then she asked some other lady and then as they were talking it clicked. I said to Amie, "let's go check it out while we are here". So we did and had to laugh at the Seattle Art.
The last place we went had nothing to do with the movie "10 things I hate about you". She wanted to go to the Jimi Hendrix Memorial which is in the Renton Highlands. So off we went from Seattle back to Renton. You will notice that Amie wore her Jimi Hendrix shirt. Also there are kisses all over the granite images of Hendrix....we did not add to this crazy ritual. While we were there I decided to look for our friends sons marker. He passed away 17 years ago. I found it right away and I also found Teri Posey's too. It was right in front of Brians. I had forgotten that.
We had a fun day and made fun memories. Amie is heading back to school in a few weeks. We will miss her while she is finishing her senior year at college.
4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! People poke fun at me for never having seen the troll with me living here for so long. I bet my kids would love it.
We had our All State Choir at Stadium High School. It is a pretty cool building. :)
I don't know how you packed so much into one day. You two are amazing. If you have so much energy, would you come trim my hedge in front of the house? It has really gotten out of hand.
Love the Fremont troll; dold naked man was nasty; school was very cool; and to see the Stoneback and Posey grave markers strikes a very sad note, but brings back happy times. Such wonderful people.
Ok, so get this: my sister's fiance's family lives in the 10 Things I Hate About You house. It's my, like, 6 degrees of separation from Heath Ledger.
Laura - Amie was wondering how to find that house for a picture. She will be so excited that you know who lives there. Not that we would go now and take a pic but maybe your sister will and forward it to you who can forward it to us?? :) sweet!
Post a Comment