Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ripping it out

Dave has been spending a little bit each day ripping out cabinets over the last few weeks. We have had Kevin home so we did not want to be totally kitchen less. Come Tues. June 1st the workers are here to start all the construction so we have to be done by Monday. On Monday Scott will come over and help Dave get rid of all the cabinets (Kevin helped with the upper cabinets while he was home). What a project. We saved ourselves several thousand dollars to take it out ourselves though.

Okay, So it is Monday and here are the pics of an empty kitchen, except for the refrigerator which will go into the garage. I was disgusted at the garbage that collects under the cabinet base. YUCK. It will be great to have a nice new clean kitchen.

Tried to get a good shot of the slab of granite. This is the best I could do. I have a cabinet and the paint chip. The pic I took was not meant for this application so it is not real helpful but I put it up anyway. hehe

They came out today and started a bit. You can see they patched the doorway and they took out some lights and opened up the wall where they will do some re-wiring.

Sorry - this is detailed for our kids who wanted to have pics and to be kept informed.













4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! :-D

Amie said...

wicked yellow walls :)

Amie said...

wicked yellow walls :)

Penny said...

I dibs any old coins you find.