Here we are after ripping all the cabinets out and cutting the hole in the wall for the new walkway into the living room. Our installer has holes everywhere re-doing a lot of electrical. There are wires hanging and now the cam lights are going in. Of course the boxes for the cabinets got delivered this morning and in an hour or so the appliances will be delivered. Oh my goodness!! I am glad I don't have to work in this mess. But we do have to live in it.
Well all the appliances are here and the structure for the cam lights are in. They won't put the pretty part in until they texture and we paint. They were here working Sat. and got the water line put in for the refrigerator (on a different wall than it was before) and brought the gas line into the kitchen. Fabulous!!!! I am getting excited to see it all go in. The inspectors come tomorrow and then they start patching all the holes they have made and then start in on putting the base cabinets in. That is supposed to be done for Friday when the granite people come and template. Keep your fingers crossed.
Well, they failed both the electrical and gas inspection....just needed to add two outlets and they sealed the gas line but they wanted to test it under pressure first. There was a gas leak in the garage so it is good they checked it.
We have to push things back a few days as one of the helpers has been sick all but two days. The other one has a baby due on Sunday. But they are working right along and things are looking good. I LOVE the cabinets. If anyone needs a good place to go, go see Desiree at the covington Home Depot. She did a great job.
3 comments:
How were you feeding the missionaries in this mess!?!
I was at the Stake Center feeding 80 Elders at their Zone conference. It was awesome. They were so appreciative and they all wrote a thank you sticky note and left them in the kitchen on the counter. They asked us to come in to sing to us (called to serve) and when we got back to the kitchen we found the notes. I did it to help Jane Carroll out. She is serving in the Skyway Ward with her husband and she asked if I could help her out.
So, so exciting. Dinner is still on for sometime soon... K? Don't want you two to starve! Not that you would, but it gives me a chance to do some service. Plus, I love you and Dave and the look forward to visiting. Lemme know!!!
Post a Comment